The National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) has been certifying personal trainers since 1988. We seek to equip trainers and their clients with the education and tools needed to address America’s health problem and promote fitness around the world.
NFPT certified trainers go to work in gyms, health clubs, and private fitness studios around the world everyday. By successfully completing the NFPT certification exam, you will receive a CPT, or Certified Personal Trainer, credential that can be put to work immediately!
The NFPT certification program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and is nationally and internationally established and recognized – with one of the most affordable and convenient fitness certification processes available! We maintain the credibility and high standards that our trainers, our industry and all fitness consumers respect and deserve, while offering economically priced certification packages that will best suit your needs – and financing is available to get you started without the whole up-front cost.
Practical hands-on workshops are available nationwide – for trainer skill set enhancement or as a supplement to certification prep, it’s an option available for you at anytime.
NFPT provides certification package discounts to health club staff and military personnel and veterans.
We encourage you to compare our program and processes. Whether you’re obtaining your NFPT – CPT credential for personal enrichment or career development…congratulations, you’ve taken the next step to greater success and reaching your fitness trainer goals!
Why Trainers Choose NFPT – CPT
- Internationally Recognized
- NCCA Accredited
- Fundamental Certification
- Comprehensive Education
- Convenient Exam Process
- Economically Priced
- Financing Available
- Trainer Tools & Resources
- Discounts for Club Staff
- GI Bill approved
As a professional fitness organization, it is our intention to qualify personal fitness trainers through a legally defensible assessment of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) that legitimizes and solidifies the Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) title and achievement.
As an agency that offers a professional and accredited certification program, we will continue to establish and promote quality standards for fitness professionals, and encourage ongoing professional development through recertification requirements. NFPT supports industry efforts that further public and government respect, trust and confidence in the fitness training certification industry.
Lead the personal training industry with the highest levels of integrity and honor to provide fitness trainers with the educational tools and resources needed to develop and enhance performance skills for the safe and effective training of apparently healthy individuals.
- To ensure an accredited and trustworthy credential with a legally defensible certification assessment
- To provide a foundational, comprehensive, and applicable education
- To provide an affordable, convenient and attainable certification process
- To offer a well-respected and industry recognized Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) credential
- To deliver certified member benefits that enhance personal trainer knowledge, outreach, and career development
- To facilitate and encourage continuing education and specialty training for improved trainer proficiency
PO Box 4579
Lafayette, IN 47903
Latest posts by FPO Crew
- The Fitness Industry Voting Results - March 26, 2018
- Greg Zuffelato of Too Busy To Eat - November 7, 2016
- Karsten Jensen – The Flexible Periodization Method - October 17, 2016