It has been a while since many of us made our infamous New Year’s resolutions to be a healthier individual. Some of us or our clients might be struggling with reaching these goals for a multitude of reasons. While there are a zillion excuses to not workout, there are plenty of critical reasons why we all need to make exercising a priority. With summer fast approaching, let the warmer weather be a perfect motivation to get your clients healthier while obtaining the body they desire. If you are still struggling with motivating your clients (or yourself!), below are some quick tips to make workouts happen without needing to leave the convenience of home:
1. Create a Sacred Space – Exercising is personal–it’s about you! So, push aside those storage bins in your basement or create a corner in your home where only you can exercise. This space is designated only for creating a healthier body for you!
2. Make Some Noise – Music can be a powerful motivation tool! Therefore, pump up the volume and listen to your favorite artist while you break a sweat. Let their voice motivate you, especially towards the end of your workout when your energy levels may run low.
3. Mark that Calendar – It’s critical to schedule your workouts ahead of time and execute them on days in which your schedule permits. Planning ahead will most likely help combat some of those excuses of, “I have no time” or “I have to meet this friend that day.” After all, this is your time to do something beneficial for your body. Therefore, make exercising your number-one priority!
4. Enlist a Friend – Working out with a buddy can be fun and provide inspiration and playful competition. However, make sure you both are going to use the time wisely to workout and not just socialize.
5. Meditate – After every workout, lie down on a comfortable mat or blanket, flat on your back on the floor. Next, close your eyes and concentrate peacefully on your breath and the workout you just performed. Visualize how you want your body to look and imagine how good you will feel when you reach your personal fitness goals. If you positively meditate on the body you desire, the more likely it will become a reality—just be sure to repeat the steps above and exercise regularly in order to get there!
Was this Article Helpful?
If this article was helpful to you, please consider linking this article to your own blog or sharing this through the social buttons below. You will also find other great articles at “Workouts“.
For over ten years, Shaun has successfully run his own personal training business in the New York City Metro area. Able to relate and adapt to each individual, Shaun prides himself on developing exercise plans and nutritional menus to foster every client's fitness needs. His clientele ranges from the athlete, and senior citizen, to bodybuilder, and dancer. Shaun's specialties include: strength training, power techniques, corrective injury training, and core stability training.
In addition to the highly regarded Master Trainer status, Shaun is a certified personal trainer of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). With NASM Shaun also holds specialized certifications in: Pre- and Post-Natal, Corrective Exercise Practices, Cardiovascular Weight Loss, Youth Training, Senior Citizen Training, Balance Training, Core Stabilization, and Self Myofascial Release (SMR). Additionally, Shaun is certified by the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Sports Performance Nutrition Specialist, with training in the Female Athlete, Knee & Shoulder Rehabilitation, and Marathon Training. Shaun earned his Bachelors degree in English Literature and Writing from the University of Delaware.
Shaun's first full-length book, "Push-up Progression Workout for a Stronger Core" is currently available worldwide both in paperback and e-book formats. It was featured as one of three top books in 2013 for healthy living as selected by Dr. John Whyte of The Discovery Channel. His latest book, "Push-up Progression (2nd Edition)" has already achieved great success and notoriety in the world of fitness. It is currently featured in bookstores across the United States and United Kingdom in paperback and available wherever e-books are sold. Shaun has had a multitude of articles, program designs, and tips published within a variety of books, magazines, and on websites in the world of fitness and beyond including: Price World Publishing, Demos Medical Publishing, Livestrong, Rodale Books, OnFitness Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Brides Magazine, and GO: AirTran Magazine. Additionally, Fitness Professional Online recognizes Shaun as an "expert," answering questions for other fitness and health professionals.
Shaun also has media experience in both television and radio, ranging from fitness modeling, to hosting his own weekly radio fitness show.
Latest posts by Shaun Zetlin
- The Role of Exercise in Stress Management - May 9, 2017
- X-Push Up - December 27, 2016
- Fit Pros, How To Properly Progress Your Client’s Push-Up? - October 26, 2016