If you’re new to the fitness industry, or if you’re a season vet, you know you should be doing assessments on all your clients. What you track gets attention and without tracking, there’s no way to tell if you, or your clients, are making progress.
This can be a tedious task at times and require a lot of calculations. If you’re like me, you’ve got an excel spreadsheet on your gym’s main desktop, charts in each client folder, and a series of formulas depending on the client’s goals. It’s a pain in the rear to say the least and it takes a lot of time to track the progress over time in any meaningful way – especially a way that’s visually appealing.
Well, it was a pain until I got an email from the founder of BodyEvolver Pro, an online tracking and planning platform that works from any device. The request was simple, try BodyEvolver Pro and let them know what our team thought of the product. Simple enough. We’ve done this over a hundred times (though we rarely find a marriage between software and practical use for professionals).
We were pleasantly surprised that this wasn’t the case with BodyEvolver Pro. The software was clearly designed with the Fitness Professional in mind, not the computer programmer. The process was simple:
- You enter in your clients’ basic information (name, age, address, etc.) and then take their measurements. If you’re not as familiar with the measurements, or just need a reminder, there are quick reference points and images to help you along). You can even add pictures to each tracking session; something our team really liked.
- Once your client’s data is entered, you are then able to plan their goals, adjust their macro nutrient profile, estimated exercise expenditure, and other basic settings. This will provide you with information such as resting metabolic rate, total energy expenditure at rest, estimated calories, estimated time to reach goal, and other helpful information for both you and your clients.
- You are then able to recheck the data, adjust, and track over time.
BodyEvolver Pro provides easy to read charts that show you exactly where your client is progressing (or regressing as the case may be). It’s easy to see how this can help Fitness Professionals track, manage, and retain clients. Showing someone real progress is the key to keep them coming back and the key to keeping your business thriving! Who doesn’t want their clients going back to the office to talk about how great their fit pro is and about the real progress they’ve made… not just the hard work they’ve put in.
We give BodyEvlolver Pro two thumbs up and encourage you to check them out!
Doug Holt is the managing owner of the Conditioning Specialists in Santa Barbara, running the day to day business operations as well as providing fitness services to clientele. Doug is able to draw upon his experience as the former Assistant Director for the International Sports Sciences Association’s Education Department, Director of Information Services for the National Board of Fitness Examiners, and his years in the exercise equipment industry to give clients a well rounded offering of services. Doug Holt is also the publisher of Santa Barbara Fitness Magazine.
Doug is currently working on developing certification courses for health and fitness professionals. He is a regular contributor to many publications and has been featured as an expert in the field of fitness.
Mr. Holt has over 18 different degrees and certifications in the health and fitness field. Click here to read more about Doug's fitness background.
Latest posts by Doug Holt
- Compression Sock Review – Product Review - March 3, 2016
- CrossFit Wrist Wraps – Product Review - February 17, 2016
- Jump Rope Crossfit Set By Shadibody – Product Review for Personal Trainers - February 9, 2016