Weekends are the best time to rejuvenate, regain energy that you used for the entire work week and do other important things you cannot do during the weekdays. They also give you enough time, chance to be with your family, mingle and play with them and make fun. But you will also love to know that one of the best things to do while spending time with your family without skipping the benefits of being in the gym is by doing household chores with them.
Doing household chores can give you a lot of benefits. Aside from it keeps you and every family member more organized, it also help you lose weight and be in shape! Yes, you heard it right. It may sound as an ordinary thing but it actually can give you or everyone who is active inside the house a big impact to their body. The continuous movement of your body can burn calories and make body fit as you do it normally. They stretch and tone your muscles that is equivalent to the amount of time and effort being spent in the gym.
The top 10 household chores that you can do during weekends that will keep you in good shape are:
1. House cleaning Calories burned in an hour: 238
2. Gardening Calories burned in an hour: 272
3. Mopping Calories burned in a half hour: 119
4. Vacuuming Calories burned in an hour: 238
5. Mowing the lawn Calories burned in an hour: 170 riding a power mower
6. Child care Calories burned in an hour: 204
7. Shoveling snow Calories burned in an hour: 476
8. Washing the dishes Calories burned in a half hour: 85
9. Doing the laundry Calories burned in an hour: 68
10. Painting a room Calories burned in a hour: 306