- Run/Walk Method
- Post – Marathon Blues
- Fitness News for April 24
- An Endurance Athlete’s Guide to Energy Supplements
- Giving a new meaning to “Dog Trainer”
- Fitness News for April 15
- Preparing for Your First 5K
- Developing Gross and Fine Motor Skills in Early Childhood
- Are You Ignoring Red Flags?
- The Most Inexpensive Way To Acquire New Clients
The National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)
The National Association for Fitness Certification is one of the fastest growing Fitness Certification Organizations in the United States. Established in 1992, we provide you with a scientifically-based, standards-focused education. The NAFC mission is to educate you in becoming a critical thinking, movement specialist, for your career as a Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor or Wellness Consultant. The NAFC credential is the promise of credibility.
About The NAFC
The NAFC is proud of their certified instructors. We congratulate the 95% of students who pass our certification process and move forward in achieving their goals as successful fitness professionals! Together we enjoy this high success rate because the NAFC provides you with thorough, in depth training to prepare you for success before testing. NAFC certification prepares and supports you to thrive, both in your education and professional career.
The National Association for Fitness Certification was established in 1992 to provide scientifically-based, standards-focused education and training for Group Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, and Wellness Consultants. The NAFC’s combination of demanding standards, practical application of scientific principles, and affordable program pricing have defined it as the most rapidly-expanding certifying organization in the industry today.
The NAFC was established by a forward-thinking group of fitness professionals, representing expertise in fields including Exercise Physiology, Adaptive Physical Education, Medicine and Nursing, and Professional Coaching. Their desire was to enhance current fitness certification standards by providing access to convenient and comprehensive – yet practical and affordable – education and skills.
To this end, the NAFC offers a hands-on practical experience along with a thorough theoretical program, covering the scientific bases of training (anatomy, biomechanics, physiology); motivation (behavior modification techniques, fitness testing); and diet and nutrition (weight management, the energy-balance equation, body composition). Group Fitness Instructors also receive instruction in working with music and leading effective group exercise sessions.
While many trainers and instructors are “certified,” often they are not required to demonstrate practical application of the knowledge they received. NAFC certifications surpass the norm, in requiring that all NAFC students pass a practical examination to demonstrate the ability to apply their education not just on paper, but in practice as well.
Why Choose the NAFC?
THE NAFC BUILDS SUCCESSFUL LEADERS IN THE HEALTH & FITNESS INDUSTRY!
The NAFC is dedicated to a focus upon practical application to develop critical thinking fitness professionals.
- If your area of study is Personal Training, the NAFC will teach you how to move the human body with the knowledge of body mechanics and an understanding of corrective movement.
- If your interest is Group Fitness, the NAFC focus is upon your understanding of anatomy and physiology. Rather than pre- choreographed programs, that anyone can teach, the NAFC group fitness programs are designed for instructors to skillfully lead safe and individualized programs.
- If you desire to become a Lifestyle Consultant or practice nutrition science, the NAFC has programs that will give you the ability to guide your clients to success!
NAFC PROFESSIONALS HAVE THE COMBINED ADVANTAGE OF HAVING ACQUIRED A SUPERB EDUCATION, AND THE SKILL SETS TO MAKE A GREAT INCOME DOING WHAT THEY ARE MOST PASSIONATE ABOUT!
“When the NAFC certifies trainers, we teach them how to train. We train them in knowing how to move bodies. We train them to be successful!”
The NAFC Accreditation
The National Association for Fitness Certification is nationally accredited, recognized and approved as a full affiliate of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. NBFE ensures credibility for the fitness industry by setting a national standard of practice in our field.
Contact The NAFC
1111 SW 10th St. Newport, OR 97365